Monday, June 17, 2013

Canvas Art

Quite some time ago I went to a friends garage sale and scored this huge canvas for really cheap. I didn't know what I was going to do with it but I knew I would find a use so I bought it. It's been leaning against a wall for months and months. We have this big space above out mantel that was perfect for it so I finally got to work. 

Before I post a photo keep in mind that this canvas was impossible to photograph well, the details just don't show up well. 

I'm sure most of you have seen this pin, but it' $175. 

I took some heavy cardboard and cut out my letters, glued them on and then painted the whole thing ivory. 

The quote are lyrics from a song. The band is called Mae and the song is called The Sun and the Moon. It's the song we danced to at our wedding and Catie's middle name is Mae.

Sometimes this phrase is exactly how I feel, other times it's the reminder that I need. 

And I swear that from far away you can see exactly what it says, you don't even need to squint. 

0 comments: