Thursday, May 3, 2012

Housekeeping

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, because it's no secret but I am a terrible housekeeper.  I did really well for a while but then I got pregnant and I've sort of been using that as an excuse to do the absolute bare minimum around the house and things were getting out of control.

I looked around the other day and I was actually embarrassed and had to tell myself that I am a better than this, and this is shameful and it's time to pull up my socks and make an effort.

I've seen a bunch of different cleaning schedules on Pinterest and this particular day another one showed up and it seemed like the perfect solution so on Monday I started to follow this schedule.

Saturday is my favourite, we live in a condo so we're not in charge of anything outside meaning I get two days off in a row.  I know it sounds ridiculous but this week this schedule has worn me out.  Some of this stuff I hadn't done in an embarrassingly long time and I look forward to next week when it's all much easier.

I decided I wanted to turn this list into a checklist that I can frame and mark off as I complete each task or at least be able to easily see what I'm supposed to do so I slightly altered the schedule and made this really basic printable.  I printed it and put it in a frame I already owned and I hung it in my closet (I don't need everyone that stops by to see how well I've done).  Now I can use a white board marker to cross off what I've done or just easily refer to the list to see what needs to be done.

So everyday I'm supposed to de-junk for 10 minutes but this is probably the only housekeeping task I'm awesome at.  I have no problem throwing out junk and we don't collect it in the first place so I can skip that step.  On Monday I'm supposed to wash my bathroom floors and I'll also wash my kitchen floor that day too, then on Wednesday I'll sweep.  Tuesday I'm supposed to vacuum the bedrooms but I'll save that for Friday and vacuum the entire house.

Let's hope I can keep things up and have a presentable house, wish me luck.

1 comments:

mrslauralynn said...

Good luck! I really need to follow something like that, my approach to housekeeping is don't do anything for a couple of weeks then spend two solid days cleaning - not good when you have an unexpected visit from the in-laws!