Friday, May 25, 2012

Bakery Size Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have a problem, it's a cookie problem and it's all thanks to these babies.

I just ate the last one (yes, I ate a peanut butter cookie at 9 am) and I'm already dreaming of the next batch.

Now the charm of these cookies is the giant size, let me give you a reference photo so you can see just how big we're talking.  The size alone makes them impressive but the taste carries them to the next level.

That's right, they're almost as big as my hand.  Each cookie is 1/3 cup of batter.  I thought the method of making giant cookies was genius so I've tried it with a few other recipes but they never turn out as magical, it's something about this particular dough that lends itself to huge cookies.

I recently found this recipe on Sew Dang Cute Crafts and I made the cookies just as she directed except for two small changes.  1 cup of mini chocolate chips?  It seemed immediately clear from her photo that would not be enough for me so I added 2 cups of regular chips and I thought they were perfect (I may have thrown in an extra handful after the two cups).  She also says to bake them for 19-21 minutes which I did the first time I made them but then I was disappointed that they turned out crunchy.  Even at 19 minutes when I took them off the pan right away they were still crunchy.  I'm a soft cookie person so the second time I baked them for 17 minutes ignoring the fact that they were clearly not done baking when I took them out of the oven.  I left them on the pan to cool and I can't tell you how perfectly they turned out.

So go bake some cookies, or better yet, don't bake these cookies so when I bring them somewhere you're super impressed with my skills.

I tried to give you the recipe but I couldn't get it to download properly so you'll just have to visit Sew Dang Cute Crafts to make these lovelies.

6 comments:

Handkerchiefgal said...

Ohhh, going to have to make some cookies now!

Misty said...

YUM!!!!! This rain filled afternoon is going to have to contain some cookies now, thanks :)

Erin said...

Those look so good! Prettier than the ones you see in coffee shops! Thanks for the head's up. :)

Jolayne said...

Ooh, I was looking for something to make with Bryn. These will be perfect!

Jolayne said...

Made them while the kids were sleeping. I couldn't wait until Bryn woke up. So good!!!

Laura said...

Shucks, now you won't be impressed when I make them :)