Thursday, July 15, 2010

Blog Envy

I read A LOT of crafty blogs.  I love them all but there is one thing I hate about a bunch of them...

Some of them are really successful, that's not what I hate, I admire that and I'm happy for them.  Some of them are so successful that companies send them free products to test out.

Here's what I hate, when my favorite crafty blog gets a new tool that there's no way I can purchase.  It means they'll start doing all these amazing projects that I can't re-create.  There are two items specifically that I would love to own but never will, one being the Silhouette.  It's a digital cutting tool, you can cut vinyl or make cute fabric transfers, the options are endless.  Make It and Love It got one and keeps making the best looking projects.  She also just got this cool device called an Accuquilt.  I'm not a quilter but this little machine makes me want to become one.  If you are a quilter you may not want to look at this project, the envy will set in.  I can just imagine all the great things she'll do with this.

Lastly is all the blogs that get free canvas prints sent to them.  I love the look of your photos turned into Canvas but it's just so darn pricey.

In general I don't enter giveaways.  The chances of winning are super slim and it does nothing but get my hopes up, these awesome products are good enough that I go ahead and enter and then I'm sad when someone else wins.  Maybe one day I'll be the lucky one.

3 comments:

Sharon@thisthriftyhouse said...

Amen.

noneya said...

I am the same way. I even emailed Silhouette & asked them how to get in on the free test. Send them an email. You may be closer to your dream machine than you thought. Then you can give the one they send you to giveaway to me! :)

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} said...

I feel ya on that one. I've been DYING for a digital cutter, and can't afford it b/c all of our extra cash goes to helping our son. :( Bummer. I hope Santa brings some craft lovin' for us both!

:)