Monday, July 20, 2009

Getting to Know Me

One of the many Facebook notes that goes around. I'm real bored at work today so it makes for good filler.
  1. What time did you get up this morning? The alarm first went off at 6:10 but it was 7:00 before I actually forced myself to get up.
  2. How do you like your steak? Medium rare. It's not worth eating if it's well done and tough.
  3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Brad and I went and saw Transformers this weekend, it's not that great.
  4. What is your favorite TV show? So You Think You Can Dance, Malcolm in the Middle though it's in syndication and the episodes are starting to get repetitive. I've begun replacing it with One Tree Hill, completely soapy, crappy show but I'm loving all the drama.
  5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? I'm sort of picky but not at the same time… I'd be happy anywhere as long as I have family around. I love being so close to Brad's siblings and I'd be thrilled if mine were closer too. I wouldn't mind somewhere that doesn't get as cold as here but it also can't have giant spiders.
  6. What did you have for breakfast? A Strawberry smoothie. Smoothies are my new favorite and I have a different kind every morning for breakfast.
  7. What is your favorite food? I really love food. I have a hard time picking a favorite because there are so many options. I really like pizza and almost any kind of dessert. Macaroni and Cheese (not yucky Kraft dinner, homemade stuff) would be high on the list of favorite too.
  8. What foods do you dislike? Mushrooms and olives. I was saying to Brad the other day that one of us should learn to love olives since neither of us will eat them, he was fine with the plan as long as I was the one of us, blech.
  9. Favorite Place to Eat? At just about any restaurant I can find something I love so this is a hard one. I really love the pizza at Boston Pizza though and the Calamari at the Olive Garden is so yummy. I love Spicy Hut and Diner Deluxe and the list goes on and on.
  10. Favorite dressing? I've never bought it but I love that Kraft Asian Sesame one, it makes such a yummy salad.
  11. What kind of vehicle do you drive? A 2004 Honda Civic
  12. What are your favorite clothes? I love all of my maternity clothes, especially my jeans. I'll be really sad when I don't get to wear them anymore because they're comfy and super cute. I can't imagine going back to my boring pre-pregnancy clothes.
  13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? Hawaii, Disneyland and I know Brad would love to go back to Montreal.
  14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? 1/2 full, although sometimes it's 1/2 empty.
  15. Where would you want to retire? Anywhere close to family, I really like Calgary though.
  16. Favorite time of day? I love 4:00 on Brad's day off when he comes and picks me up. Sometimes he'll come meet me for lunch too, that time is pretty great. I also really like bedtime.
  17. Where were you born? Magrath, Alberta.
  18. What is your favorite sport to watch? Baseball.
  19. Who do you think will not tag you back? I'm skipping this one since I'm not tagging anyone.
  20. Person you expect to tag you back first? Same as 19.
  21. Apparantly there's no 21
  22. Bird watcher? I'm really not. Brad does have this fascination with birds of prey though, he'll point out hawks and stuff when he sees them. One time at the Wiebe house there was an owl outside and every was in awe and gathered around the window… in my head I was thinking, "meh".
  23. Are you a morning person or a night person? I'm not a morning person but not particularly a night person either. Midday? Although these days I need a nap at noon.
  24. Do you have any pets? No and we'd like it to stay that way. We're going to be those mean parents who don't let their kids have pets, we're just not animal people.
  25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? It's not really news but we're moving on Thursday. Boy it'll be a relief when that's done.
  26. What did you want to be when you were little? I always wanted to be a mother. Now as that actually gets closer I'm starting to feel pretty nervous about it.
  27. What is your best childhood memory? I loved our trips to Disneyland. We'd drive down and camp all the way. I remember the yummy breakfasts we'd eat at the KOA's and there would inevitable be some pretty good arguments but overall it was a fun time.
  28. Are you a cat or dog person? I like cats though Brad's allergic. Neither of us like dogs, especially since Brad's convinced they all want to eat him.
  29. Are you married? Best decision I ever made, he makes me so happy every day.
  30. Always wear your seat belt? Absolutely.
  31. Been in a car accident? Not any major ones. I rear ended a car once when it was super slippery out, there wasn't much damage though. Once before Brad and I were dating he turned left and it's wasn't actually all that clear and we got hit, that was stressful for him.
  32. Any pet peeves? Smokers. I become less and less tolerant every day. I hate walking to the bus behind someone who's smoking. Or getting on the bus and someone sits beside you who just put out their cigarette, it's so gross and proven to kill you! I don't get it.
  33. Favorite Pizza Toppings? Pesto, Feta and tomatoes – so yummy together!
  34. Favorite Flower? Lisianthus (that's probably spelled wrong). I'd never heard of it before until the florist who put together my wedding flowers picked it out, it's a pretty purple flower.
  35. Favorite ice cream? Anything with lots of stuff in it. I think that vanilla is a topping, not something to be eaten on it's own so I need a bunch of goodies in my ice cream.
  36. Favorite fast food restaurant? Taco Del Mar, they have the yummies burritos
  37. How many times did you fail your driver's test? Once, I sped through a playground zone… I know, it was stupid. I did much better the second time.
  38. From whom did you get your last email? Brad
  39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Right now it would be a furniture store, maybe Leons? It'd chuck all of our furniture, buy brand new everything and have it all delivered so we didn't have to deal with it in the move (I hate moving).
  40. Do anything spontaneous lately? We went out for dinner on Saturday. Not terribly spontaneous but it hadn't been planned in advance. We also showed up at Brad's parents hoping we could eat some lunch yesterday, again, not planned. That's about it though.
  41. Like your job? Not even a little bit, I only have 15 days left though so I can handle it (let's hope none of my co-workers read this)
  42. Broccoli? Love it. Brad doesn't though so I seldom cook it anymore though I have convinced him he likes Broccoli Cheese Soup.
  43. What was your favorite vacation? Mexico with Brad for our honeymoon. We sat around and ate lots and did a cool canopy tour and had so much fun. I'd love to do something like that with him again.
  44. Last person you went out to dinner with? Brad. We went to the Olive Garden, mostly for their Calamari. It was really just an excuse to not go home to our really messy house that was waiting for more packing to be done.
  45. What are you listening to right now? Typical sounds around the office. There are some muffled voices, but mostly I'm listening to the sound of myself typing. Betty just asked if I'm writing a novel so apparently that's what she's listening to as well.
  46. What is your favorite color? I love green. I don't own very much in green but I really like it. I love to decorate in brown too, I think if I had the money to redecorate the whole house would be brown (I know, so boring).
  47. How many tattoos do you have? None. I almost got one once but then thought better of it. That was such a wise decision.
  48. How many are you tagging for this quiz? None
  49. What time did you finish this quiz? 12:40 pm
  50. Coffee Drinker? I can't stand the smell even. I do like Starbucks Hot Chocolate though.

0 comments: