Saturday, November 3, 2007

New Toys

Today was empty the camera memory card day so I'm going to post a couple picture posts.

I've been asked to lead a class in our Ward's Super Saturday (which I'm totally unqualified to do), the class I came up with is making Christmas stockings. Something I wanted to do anyway and we have a lot of young married couple's in the ward so I thought it was something that others would enjoy.


I did some Internet searching and found some designs I liked and thought I could duplicate.

This process required the use of two fun new toys. One, the brand new hot glue gun I bought for the occasion, works like a charm. The second is much more fun, my brother gave me a sewing machine that his co-worker was getting rid of. This is the first time I've found a use for it and I was excited. I'm not super experienced when it comes to sewing machines but I figured I'd be able to load the bobbin and thread the machine no problem. I was part right, I got it loaded but it took two phone calls to Mom and one Internet search. The above is a picture of my threaded machine.

After the initial difficulty the stockings turned out so well, I'm so excited with how they look, the tree is Brad's the snowmen is mine and the Santa is an extra, if you want to learn to make one come see me on December 1st :)
L

0 comments: